Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
225 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 224

Bingo, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1941 Packard 110 - Fender and Under Hood Welting Question
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ragtime Kid
See User information
Restoring my '41 110 and my body man inquired about the fender welting I supplied. I ordered it from Steele Rubber and the appearance is very bright and shiny. He has asked whether the correct welting isn't more matte finish. The issue is that the car will be painted black and the shiny black fender welting may make it look as though the welting was painted over as is often done in shoddy paint jobs.

Anybody know what the correct fender welting appearance is and whether there is any grain/texture to it?

Also, where can I find the under hood welting? This is the wide, flat strips that sit on the top of the body near the windshield and cushion the two hood halves? It's a flat rubber material about 1/2" wide with a texture to it. I didn't receive any of this when I ordered the full rubber kit from Steele.

Thank you!

Posted on: 2015/1/7 1:44
 Top  Print   

Re: 1941 Packard 110 - Fender and Under Hood Welting Question
Home away from home
Home away from home

CORSASEVEN
See User information
I don't have a 41 but my 37 was correctly restored many years ago and the fender welting is glossy black, my Packard is painted blue. I hope this helps.

Posted on: 2015/1/7 2:00
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RichK
See User information
I think what I've found is the front fenders don't have a visible bead.\

I'm also doing a 41 110.

Rich

Posted on: 2015/1/7 8:51
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RichK
See User information
Also, the part that cushions the hood from the body near the window on my car wasn't rubber, it was a cloth material. It's called channeled hood lace. Restoration Specialties has that.

Rich

Posted on: 2015/1/7 8:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
I agree with Rich. I don't recall the welting being visible, and the cowl to hood seal is a woven cloth. The shiny appearance probably means that it's a vinyl extrusion instead of EPDM, but functionally both work if formulated properly.

Posted on: 2015/1/7 9:40
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved