Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
180 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 177

bullsh--ter, Don B, Bob Supina, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1955 Packard 400 seat upholstery
Home away from home
Home away from home

Michael C Wauhop
See User information
Does anyone make seat covers for 1955 Packards? I also need windlace.

Posted on: 2015/1/15 3:46
 Top  Print   

Re: 1955 Packard 400 seat upholstery
Home away from home
Home away from home

64avanti
See User information
Pictures, we want pictures!

Posted on: 2015/1/15 8:24
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If you want generic workable items to make a presentable driver car then Kanter does have a service making covers to fit using modern fabrics. If you want the original type fabric sewn to a Packard seat pattern then I don't think you will find anyone making them. You might be able to get some original material from SMS but covers will probably have to be custom sewn by a local upholsterer using your old seats as the pattern.

The windlace is another issue. The original patterns and textures seem to be long gone. Even if you found some I would imagine the sponge rubber core has deteriorated to some extent. Modern windlace is quite different in feel, size, and weave pattern with all the vendors selling mostly the same limited assortments. You might be able to sit down with an upholsterer and go thru his fabric sample books to find a material that is close to original color and feel. He can then sew that fabric around a core to make the windlace. I resorted to that approach on my 47. It is close to original but won't fool anyone and requires the whole car to be done so the replacement doesn't stand out.

Posted on: 2015/1/15 10:44
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Michael C Wauhop
See User information
Has anyone out there heard of Fryer's auto upholstery-there out of Washington state-are they even still in business?

Posted on: 2015/1/15 14:37
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved