Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
165 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 164

TxGoat, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: VIN#'s
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Also note that the pic of the line is 55 clipper bodies. AND, that the model "22" is painted at a different point than where i found "72" on my 5672-1834.

Posted on: 2008/11/18 23:26
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Also strange is the Playboy Bunny head painted just below the "22" on the firewall.

OR maybe the line workers finally found the
Place where PeoPle PoP their Pills from a Pez disPenser
and every Bleach Blond Beauty Becomes a PlayBoy Bunny......

Posted on: 2008/11/18 23:33
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I think the number is there and the glare of flash or booth lighting has blended everything into background. I believe I can just barely see a 4 and a 0 near the right triangle

Attach file:

jpg  (21.21 KB)
209_492397eda4942.jpg 441X250 px

Posted on: 2008/11/18 23:37
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I ran a couple of different gamma, image correction tricks on the photo and I cant get anything to show up between the two triangles. Interesting that the shadows from the triangles embossing is very visible, but no other shadows from the the Theift Number are visible.

Is it possibe the number was stamped by some type of c-clamp device, and the triangle were the alignement guides?

Attach file:

jpg  (13.73 KB)
1_49239dc2bdac8.jpg 538X330 px

Posted on: 2008/11/19 0:01
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Quote:
Also strange is the Playboy Bunny head painted just below the "22" on the firewall.

OR maybe the line workers finally found the
Place where PeoPle PoP their Pills from a Pez disPenser
and every Bleach Blond Beauty Becomes a PlayBoy Bunny......

You're "Playboy Bunny" head is nothing more than a shadow from the can that's hanging on the firewall, get yer mind out of the gutter!

And nice Nickelback quote, BTW.

Posted on: 2008/11/19 2:45
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Re the apparent mystery of the lack of a BDN, it's just another of many Packard mysteries for inquiring minds.

Regarding the triangles at each end of the number, at the beginning (1935) of the "120" production, the numbers for seniors and juniors were apparently just comingled in sequence as the bodies were produced, but the "120" series bodies were distinguished by lack of the triangles. This practice continued thru 1936 and at least into the beginning of 1937, but by 1938 the junior bodies also had the < and > at the beginning and end.

Posted on: 2008/11/19 9:22
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved