Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
191 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 190

dallas, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

AACA Eastern Spring Meet May 2, 2015- Virginia Beach
Home away from home
Home away from home

Chad G
See User information
Some Packard pictures from Virginia Beach Beach. The meet was held at the Military Aviation Museum; a fantastic venue for a meet.

Click to see original Image in a new window

There are a few more Packard pictures in my Album.

Posted on: 2015/5/8 6:10
 Top  Print   

Re: AACA Eastern Spring Meet May 2, 2015- Virginia Beach
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The PPG test track plaque from the 1973 PAC National is an interesting piece, I'd not seen one of those before.

Posted on: 2015/5/8 8:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
That dash plaque from the 1973 PAC Meet was of great interest to me also. So I decided to contact the 1973 Meet Director and inquired if there was an extra NOS one that they would donate to the PPG. Here is the answer I received:

"That plaque was designed by me for the '73 National Meet (I was Tourmaster). We had 263 Packards at the PG. I called Jesse Vincent's brother,Charles Vincent, and asked for permission to use his signature on the plaque. I have the letter he sent to me, giving permission, along with his signature. They are made from stainless steel, with epoxy ink.

I have an extra which I will send to you, along with a copy of the letter."

Pretty cool!

Also pretty cool is that brown 1934 Twelve convertible sedan in the AACA meet photos. If I am not mistaken, that very same car is listed on the 2015 Lincoln Highway roster of tour cars.

First, the owner will be driving this Packard from his home in Virginia to Detroit where the tour starts at the PPG. Then it is another 2,836 Miles from the PPG to the final stop in San Francisco. Hats off to him!

Posted on: 2015/5/8 13:17
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Chad G
See User information
I'm glad the owner specifically specifically out the dash plaque to me. He was very nice and accommodating at the end of a long day. He is the proprietor of Cumberland Mountain Railroad Shop in Dunmore, PA.

That was very nice and generous of the meet director to send one to the PPG. Hope to get there someday.

The owner of the 12 was also nice an accommodating, but I didn't have a chance to chat with him, he just allowed me to open the door to take pictures (He was in mid-conversation with someone else).

BTW, if you have a chance to tour NAS Oceana it is highly recommended. OUr tour bus parked on the flight line for about 30 minutes during the tour, so we could watch, and photograph, flight operations.

Posted on: 2015/5/8 16:23
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved