Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
184 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 184

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

disassemble window handles
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Dave Munger
See User information
I have a 15th series (1937) 120.
The window handles & windwing handle ( cranks ) are about to be rechromed, there was no way I could see to remove the knob that rotates as the window is rolled up/down . However one of the knobs seemed a little loose now the knob pulls out about 3/16" , Does anyone know how or if these can be disassembled without destroying ?
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Packard 385

Posted on: 2015/5/10 19:09
 Top  Print   

Re: disassemble window handles
Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
Check with Jerry at Yesterdaysradio. He has adds in most Packard mags. Dell

Posted on: 2015/5/11 20:15

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Originally the ball was pressed onto the shaft. after 75 years, sometimes they come loose. if you can get it the rest of the way off, fine, then reassemble with some epoxy, or push it back on with some epoxy. Shouldn't be any big deal.

Posted on: 2015/5/11 22:16
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Dave Munger
See User information
Thanks to all for info. And while I'm here does anyone have the hex head screws part # 5739 they hold the fender & splasher together along the upperside on 15th seeries 120 and others.
Thanks
Packard 385

Posted on: 2015/5/13 23:09
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Gary Kulp
See User information
These should be #10(.190)X32 Hex head ,1/2 long(measured under the hex head)with 7/16 thread length. I have seen many restorations that use 10X32 domed slotted screws instead and don't know any better.

For a source of screws try Tioga Stainless,LLC P.O. Box 565 Burlington,VT 05402 or call 802 -655-9671 They are real honest, good people to deaL with and also come to the fall Hershey.

Posted on: 2015/5/14 11:48
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved