Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
239 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 237

BigKev, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

underdash mount 6V gas gauge
Just popping in
Just popping in

curtis1
See User information
Looking for an under dash mount 6V gas gauge. 1941 Packard 1900 series. I am never sure if this is the appropriate avenue for posting one's searches.

Thank you

Posted on: 2015/6/2 16:29
 Top  Print   

Re: underdash mount 6V gas gauge
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If you mean an aftermarket hang on type gauge there are relatively few 6v gauges anymore.

I would look at Classic Instrumentshttp://shop.classicinstruments.com and see if any of their numerous fuel gauges will work on 6v or Westachhttp://www.westach.com and check out their 6v offerings. Westach is one of the few companies that specifically mention 6v.

Any of those aftermarket gauges would most likely also need a sender specific to the gauge. Classic has some adapters to mount their senders into various tanks. IIRC one poster that bought an adapter still had to modify it slightly for a Packard tank.

If you mean the indash original type gauge, perhaps flackmaster or Kanter has some NOS gauges. Usually it is the sender that goes out on those and I believe the option would be to have yours rebuilt.

Posted on: 2015/6/2 17:00
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: underdash mount 6V gas gauge
Just popping in
Just popping in

curtis1
See User information
thank you, I will ck them out.
I have tested the sending unit and it seems to be working well.

Posted on: 2015/6/2 19:21
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved