Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
207 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 206

Alvin14, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1955 Packard 400
Home away from home
Home away from home

Michael C Wauhop
See User information
Does anyone out there know who can supply a carpet set for a 1955 400? My carpet is a very unusual color-like a pinkish coral.

Posted on: 2015/6/6 19:44
 Top  Print   

Re: 1955 Packard 400
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
You might check with Dwight Heinmuller and see if he still does carpets. He was making 55-56 sets out of modern Karastan? house carpet and might have that color. I bought one of his sets for my 56 in the maltese gray and even though it is not quite original and probably a lot more plush looking, it fits well and am very pleased with the look.

Posted on: 2015/6/6 20:05
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

ewrecks
See User information
I bought carpet set for my Carribean from a guy who sells stainless steel brake lines - mostly for Corvettes. He also makes the lines for the Packard and they are the best parts I found in 4 years. Perfect fit.
Anyhow. He was restoring a Caribbean and discovered that no one offered carpet of the correct material and pile. Went to a carpet company to get the correct carpet produced but they would only make up a batch of something like a thousand square yards. Surprisingly, he ordered it and had the carpet dyed to various colors. Not sure if he has your color, but he had correct green for mine. Has an upholsterer that makes up the carpet sets if you don't have someone to do it.
I'll have to check my paperwork for the address.
Nice guy to deal,with. I think the cost was about 25% more than I was quoted for replacement set elsewhere .

Posted on: 2015/6/6 22:23
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Michael C Wauhop
See User information
Thanks Guys!

Posted on: 2015/6/7 6:06
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved