Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
240 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 237

TxGoat, BigKev, Ross, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Gene Ledbetter--rest in peace
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
Packard friends-it is my exceptionally sad duty to report to the passing of one of my very best friends in the Packard community, Gene Ledbetter of Novi, Michigan. Gene was one of the people who welcomed me into the Packard Club as a 21 year old kid. Gene was one of the happiest people I have known, and his love for cars, and Packard automobiles was without question. His 1938 Super 8 convertible sedan "Big Red" was a fixture at local shows, and his restoration shop, Complete Auto Restorations in Livonia MI (formerly Redford MI) was a hub of Packard activity, including many tech sessions for Motor City Packards. My most sincere condolences to Judy, his wife, and to the staff at Complete Auto Restorations. A finer person in this hobby you could not find.

Attach file:

jpg  (11.20 KB)
129_567ae557ada4c.jpg 258X294 px

Posted on: 2015/12/23 13:18
 Top  Print   

Re: Gene Ledbetter--rest in peace
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Always difficult to lose a friend - my condolences.

Posted on: 2015/12/23 16:41
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
John, that was nice of you to post those heartfelt comments.

Below is a notice of visitation from the McCabe Funeral Home:

Gene Ledbetter
October 6, 1942 - December 22, 2015

Gene E. Ledbetter, age 73, passed away Tuesday, December 22, 2015. Beloved husband of Judith, loving father of Aaron S. Tihelka, and Shelley McFadden, grandfather of Lenney Jr. and Jacob and great grandfather Aliyah.

Visitation will Monday, December 28 at McCabe Funeral Home, 31950 W. Twelve Mile Rd., Farmington Hills, from 2-8 pm. In lieu of flowers the family has asked memorial donations be made to: The Packard Motor Car Foundation, P.O. Box 182063, Shelby Township, MI 48318

Posted on: 2015/12/26 11:00
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
Gene will be missed by all the Packard folks in the Michigan area. He was a long time member of Motor City Packards and a restoration shop owner that has worked on many of our Packards, R.I.P. my friend.

Posted on: 2015/12/26 11:43
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

39SixSedanMan
See User information
OH NO! I just learned of this.

I met Gene almost 20 years ago as a regular attendee of the Dayton Packard Museum's parts Garage Sale; I too was a 20 something year old Packard newbie. He often offered his knowledge and experience to me.
Gene always had a smile on his face and seemed to be a friend of everyone around him.

Gene invited me into his restoration business anytime I was in Detroit on business.....so gracious.

I will miss him.
Pat Mescher

Posted on: 2015/12/31 9:56
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved