Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
153 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 151

RKS, r1lark, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1936 120B Runningboard to Rear Fender Spacer Material
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

hollidayjd
See User information
I am in the process of completing a 15 year ground up restoration of a 1936 120B 5 Passenger Touring Sedan. I am looking for information about the material that goes between the rear end of the running board(s) and the front of the rear fender(s). The Packard parts book says there is a "Spacer (To rear fender)" that goes there, Group #7.202, Part number 305416. Can anyone tell me what the material is? Or where I can find it? From looking at pictures on the web of other 1936 120's, it appears that there is a piece of curved rubber that takes up that space. When I bought the car many years ago, it was already disassembled with little or no pictures taken by the previous owner. Any information would be extremely helpful.

After checking the parts book again, looks like this part was used on all 1935 to 1937 120s, and on the 1937 115C.

If anyone has a close up picture (and can post it) of what that location looks like, that would also help a lot. Thanks.

Posted on: 2016/1/11 20:01
 Top  Print   

Re: 1936 120B Runningboard to Rear Fender Spacer Material
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
it is included with the runningboard mats from Steele. just like it says, its a rubber piece that covers any irregular edge of the runningboard.

Posted on: 2016/1/11 22:29
 Top  Print   

Re: 1936 120B Runningboard to Rear Fender Spacer Material
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

hollidayjd
See User information
Are they "separate" pieces from Steele? Or are they integrated (attached) to the running board rubbers? To my knowledge, Steele does not sell them as separate items.

Follow up: I checked the Steele Rubber web site and found the items. Thanks for the information. I will call them and see if they will sell the spacers separately.

Posted on: 2016/1/11 23:14
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved