Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
155 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 155

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: V8 Differential Tags
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
The tag on my 400 is a "T" along with the 46/13 tag. I took the "T" to mean TwinTraction. There are no tags on the Caribbean, but when I had it up on the rack I turned one rear wheel and the other turned in the same direction - a sign of TT.

Posted on: 2008/11/9 2:25
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kip56
See User information
Thanks guys for all the feedback.

Randy, next time I have the car on a rack I will give the rear wheel a turn to see the behaviour. Hopefully acts like a TT

Posted on: 2008/11/9 10:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

mikec
See User information
turbopackman, my new front brake hoses are designed for an amc/jeep.

Posted on: 2008/11/10 14:10
Daily Driver:
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Troy Taylor
See User information
After a lot of digging, I found that I too have 46-13 denotes a 3.54:1 axle ratio with the "T" tag and I do in fact have Twin-Trac. I am stomping in the old Jeep sites who carry parts for the Dana 53 T.

Posted on: 2014/8/3 10:00
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
3.54/1 was pretty much the default rear axle ratio with Ultramatic, 3.31 and 3.07 much less often encountered; 3.07 probably more often than 3.31. 2.87 almost never found. I had a NOS 2.87 TT and lugged it to flea markets and advertised it in print for perhaps 15 years - never even got a nibble and finally sold it for scrap.

Posted on: 2014/8/3 10:12
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I have a 2.87 in my Patrician

Posted on: 2014/8/3 10:30
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Randy, that's a great ratio for blasting thru the great open flat plains of mid-America, but certainly not for hilly country. One concern would be, at the speed the converter locks up (22-25 mph under light throttle) the engine would really be lugging to accelerate from that point. And lots of kickdowns required in hilly country. Maybe that's why I was never able to get a nibble on the one I had.

Posted on: 2014/8/3 11:16
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved