Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
229 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 229

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1949 Packard Owner's Manual for 22nd series
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

W. Fred Rump
See User information
I can't seem to find such a manual under the PDF files and those I do are different from my car. Am I correct in that there is no such manual in the archives?

Should I scan my manual and send it somewhere?

Posted on: 2016/4/22 21:00
1937 Packard Super Eight Convertible, model 1502 in Blue
1948 Packard Super Eight Victoria Convertible 22nd series - Maroon, Body 2279
1949 Packard Super Eight Victoria Convertible 22nd series - green
1949 Packard Super Eight Victoria Convertible 22nd series - black
1949 Oldsmobile
1976 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible Coupe
1993 Bentley Brooklands Sedan
 Top  Print   

Re: 1949 Packard Owner's Manual for 22nd series
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
There are two 22nd series owners manuals in the literature section. Items 24 and 25 under the Owner and Operators manual category. I haven't checked in detail but I believe the difference is in OD operation. 1st edition was with the R9 OD and 3rd edition has the R11. If there was a 2nd edition we don't have that one and not sure what might have been different unless it was the actual change in OD in mid production. If yours is different from the two on site, am sure a decent quality scan would be appreciated.

Posted on: 2016/4/22 21:41
Howard
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

W. Fred Rump
See User information
There is no such manual in the literature section as the '49 book only refers to the 23rd series. There may or may not be changes from the '48 22nd series manual. I scanned the '49 booklet but can not submit it as I keep getting a 'no access' message upon clicking on submit which is why I asked where to send the pfd file.

Posted on: 2016/4/23 9:16
1949 Oldsmobile
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I am confused as to which manual and year you have but think I am right on the chronology. Someone will correct me soon enough if not.

The 22nd series started production late 47 with one model being built while 21st series 47s were still in production. 22nd series covered a year and a half -- 48 thru mid 49. The series was sold and numbered as being built for both years. Some of the leftover 22nd series 48s which had not sold were renumbered as being new 49 models just to move them. If the number plate has a 22XX-9-xxxx then it was considered a 49. No extra digit between model and sequence number was a 48.

With exception of the mid series change on the OD and the integral engine side mounted heater which came after 22nd series production started I believe the cars were otherwise identical both years. The 23rd series came in mid 49 as a 49 and carried thru 50. Those were also numbered for both years with the extra digit between the model and sequence numbers but were identical cars.

Typically the scans of manuals are too large for regular email etc. Kev will have to help you figure out how to get it to him so he can post. You might PM or email BigKev.

Posted on: 2016/4/23 10:00
Howard
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

W. Fred Rump
See User information
You are spot on but being that manuals are rare in themselves I thought it appropriate that a copy of the proper manual that came delivered which a particular car/year should be saved and made available to the future. My '49 22nd series manual is a very generic version and covers some things and ignores others but it is what it is. Back then they seemed to worry more about how to remove spots from the upholstery rather than the actual mechanical features of each model they produced.

The other point I wanted to make was to inform the powers to be that the SUBMIT feature on the site software does not do anything except deny access.

Posted on: 2016/4/23 10:16
1949 Oldsmobile
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Don't think I ever used a submit button. The manuals etc I contributed were all sent to an FTP server but that was several years ago when the site was just starting. Not sure if he still has the same setup. A PM or email should get you an answer.

Posted on: 2016/4/23 10:27
Howard
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
If you can email me the PDF I will post it. I turned off the ability for uses to submit their own about 9 years ago. People didn't understand exactly for that worked and it was getting the literature section
messed up.

Posted on: 2016/4/23 10:43
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved