Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
209 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 208

Oldcaddies , more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

U-Joint for 1949 Custom 8
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Mike Burkhart
See User information
Does anyone have a current brand name and part # for a U-Joint for a 23rd Series 1949 Custom 8 with an Ultramatic Drive?
Also I am looking for an "Ultramatic Drive" trunk emblem and a bumper jack base only.
Thanks,
Mike

Posted on: 2016/6/11 17:20
Proudly using my real name for 67 years.
 Top  Print   

Re: U-Joint for 1949 Custom 8
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
For what its worth, when I changed those in my 47 Custom 8 a couple of years ago the NAPA guy didn't have any luck crossing to anything -- He looked thru a few catalogs but did not find anything.

Kanter lists his U joints for 47 Custom 8 and 48-50 under the same heading--that they are newly mfg and better than originals. No idea if they are repros or something crossed but the 47 needs two of the same and I bought a pair. They fit perfectly and were considerably beefier than the originals.

If the 49 Ultra uses the same rear joint and that is the one you need then you may want to check his offerings. If the front on your car is the same larger size ball and trunnion type as the later senior Ultramatics used, good luck. Those and their repair kits seem to be completely NLA. Several have had to resort to having their driveshafts reworked to utilize a modern slip joint universal in place of the senior ball type.

Posted on: 2016/6/12 8:50
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: U-Joint for 1949 Custom 8
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Mike Burkhart
See User information
OK, Thanks. I'll wait and see if someone else comes up with something.

Posted on: 2016/6/12 12:17
Proudly using my real name for 67 years.
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved