Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
202 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 200

Packard5687, Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 22 »

Re: 1941 Packard Clipper Eight Special Sedan
Home away from home
Home away from home

Howard Wade
See User information
Hi yes I would like the chrome horn ring please. I have managed to get the fuel take pipe unblocked and its now clear. I do need a new sender do you have the mans contact details. I managed to get a ashtray surround, and my Optima 6volt battery turned up today.

Posted on: 2016/8/2 15:37
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
I will dig out a horn ring shortly, and note that I may find it efficient to combine shipping to the UK with a couple items I need to send to Colin Voice and possibly Harold Atkin - you know either of them?

Sender is available from MaxMerritt Company, Fred Bruner, Owner and all-around good Packard guy. website is www.maxmerrittauto.com

Posted on: 2016/8/2 16:12
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Howard Wade
See User information
Hi thanks for the info, sorry dont know either, but saving on shipping sounds good. Now taking a look at sender unit.

Posted on: 2016/8/2 16:54
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Pulled out a very decent horn ring complete with correct center and the two fixtures on the backside for mounting. I got it about 30% cleaned up when I got caught cleaning parts in my wife's kitchen sink, so you get to do the rest...

I will figure out to whom package will be directed, please email me directly, flackmaster at sbcglobal point net and we'll get this figured out.

Attach file:

jpg  (22.26 KB)
439_57a1331a2a0a4.jpg 360X270 px

jpg  (417.95 KB)
439_57a13371aa90d.jpg 1600X1200 px

Posted on: 2016/8/2 18:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Terry Cantelo
See User information
Hi Howard, The turn signal details as promised.
Electro- Tech,Inc 8836 Xylite St Ne* Blaine , Mn 55449
WWW.turnswitch.com.
This an excellent piece of kit. Good luck with your project
regards
Terry

Posted on: 2016/8/3 0:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Howard Wade
See User information
Hello Terry

Many thanks they look good products.

Howard

Posted on: 2016/8/3 0:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Howard Wade
See User information
Well I managed to do a bit more to the car, I have removed the fuel tank and cleaned this out the fuel feed pipe is now also unblocked, i ahve also removed the sender unit, waiting for the new one to arrive. I also removed the fuel pump and gave it a good clean, I decided to put an inline fuel filter just before the Carb, to stop any other dirt that might get in the system. I have also started on the wiring I have marked what wires are what and I will make up a new witing loom. I have also order all new brake parts. Could someone give me an idea of what the oil pressure should run at.

Posted on: 2016/8/4 13:16
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Depends a bit on what viscosity oil you're using and other factors but a generalization is that 35-40 psi with a warm engine at typical highway road speeds is a good pressure. Pressure at hot idle is not as indicative of engine condition but it should be at least 10 psi and hopefully more like 15-20 psi.

Posted on: 2016/8/4 13:31
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Howard Wade
See User information
Hello Owen

Thanks for that, something else I know there will proberly be a screen on the oil pickup in the sump, but did these engines have an oil filter. Think i will drop the oil and replace it. is 30 grade ok. Sorry for all the questions I dont have a workshop manual.

Posted on: 2016/8/4 13:57
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If the car has been sitting or has an unknown history I would drop the oil pan and check for or clean out any sludge. Some have found as much as an inch surrounding the oil pickup. It has a fine mesh screen on the pickup. Partial bypass filters were an option with the filter canister mounted to the front left side of engine..

I don't know if you have ethanol fuel in the UK but if so and the rubber in the fuel pump is old you may want to do a rebuild on the pump using new modern rubber. The ethanol destroys the old rubber very quickly.

The 46-50 service manual is posted and you can download all or portions from the site. That might help until you get one of the 41-42 reprints covering the engines. Except for those with the smaller engines the prewar Clippers are almost identical to the later cars. Difference is primarily trim and a few styling changes.

Posted on: 2016/8/4 14:06
Howard
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 22 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved