Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
158 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 158

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1935-1936 120 Voltage Regulator Wiring Connections TC-4302-A
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

hollidayjd
See User information
Does anyone know the exact connections for the Auto-lite voltage regulator TC-4302-A or B? There are 2 black wires coming out of the top of my generator. There are two terminals located on the outside of the voltage regulator (one marked BAT and the other has an "S" on it. I also noticed two terminals located on the bottom of the voltage regulator (no screws in those). I have an NOS Auto-lite regulator #TC-4302-A. New wiring harness that has a large connector on the end of a heavy cable....... not sure where that goes.

After an 18 year restoration, I started the car with the regulator attached. I had connected the 2 wires from the generator to the 2 outer connections (BAT and S). Then connected the large cable from the new harness also to the BAT terminal. Amp gauge was showing a slight discharge with the motor running. End of story - my new battery went dead. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted on: 2016/8/14 8:27
 Top  Print   

Re: 1935-1936 120 Voltage Regulator Wiring Connections TC-4302-A
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The 35 120 data supplement has a bit of an illustration and schematic of the generator and regulator assy but no terminal designations. Perhaps there is enough info you can figure it out.

Here is the generator/voltage regulator writeup and a wiring diagram of the 1935 120. Had to split the 6 pages in two to get to a size I could post.

Attach file:

pdf Size: 1,184.33 KB; Hits: 101
pdf Size: 1,102.44 KB; Hits: 77

Posted on: 2016/8/14 10:06
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: 1935-1936 120 Voltage Regulator Wiring Connections TC-4302-A
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

hollidayjd
See User information
Thank you Howard. I am hopeful that someone who owns a 1936 or 1936 120 will take a look at their regulator and post the connections. Meanwhile, I will attempt to figure it out with the information you provided. Daryl

Posted on: 2016/8/14 10:24
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved