Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
214 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 211

AA115C, su8overdrive, TxGoat, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

convertible top adjustment
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Vinnie
See User information
I have a 1940 110 convertible and am looking for help on adjust and tightening the frame on my convertible top.
I notice that there are several spring washers on the bolts connecting the hinges. It looks like some of these washers may be missing , after 76 years can these bolts be duplicated and replaced some of these bolts are shoulder and non shoulder bolts.
any information would be greatly appreciated. Vin Cashin

Posted on: 2016/8/31 7:14
 Top  Print   

Re: convertible top adjustment
Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
Restoration Specialties Supply has spring washers, but you can also get them at any number of online stores that specialize in nuts, bolts and screws.

I don't know if the bolts are available from any of the companies that specialize in Packard parts. If they aren't available it is hard for me to tell you what your options are. However for a bolt that does not need to have a lot of strength, hexagon brass stock can readily be used to machine them from, especially the shoulder bolts, on a lathe that has threading capability. The brass is also nice in that it chrome plates very well. The non-shoulder bolts might be available at a place that specializes in bolts.

Good luck - I'm sure someone else will chime in on the subject that is more knowledgeble.

Posted on: 2016/8/31 9:20
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved