Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
161 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 160

humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 2330 headlamp LED replacement?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Oldrookie
See User information
I was lookin for the same replacement and after an extensive search.
LEDLights.com product number 84758, P15D-30 is an exact replacement.I just installed them in my 38 Eight (120) and they work perfectly.

Posted on: 2020/7/25 10:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
A problem often encountered when using modern bulbs is the alignment of the filament with the headlight lens. I experimented trying to use a H4 bulb in a Trippe headlight set (socket, reflector, lens) and was unable to get the light to focus correctly. It seems this is not a problem with the LED bulbs.

Posted on: 2020/7/25 15:17
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Apparently it does make a difference as outlined in a recent Jalopnik article.

Posted on: 2020/7/25 15:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Don, most interesting article. Thanks for the link. I did retrofit my 2016 Jeep Wrangler with a pair of LED headlights with lens heating elements. The Jeep uses the 7" round units. The new ones are the reflector type not the projector type. The difference between the LEDs and the original units was like day and night. The original Jeep halogen headlights were the worst I have ever had. The LEDs were expensive, but the night driving was made so much easier and safer. I opted for ones with the heated lens as the LEDs do not generate heat at the lens like conventional ones and north central New Mexico does get ice and snow. You don't want your headlights being covered by ice and snow on a dark winter night when it is snowing. JWL

Posted on: 2020/7/26 11:37
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

ahiacanon
See User information
I guess you will have problems finding anything Halogen or LED that will match the P30d base and socket of the original 2330 bulb. If not, you could come up with another pair of headlight buckets that would fit your exterior shell or housing and lens so you would not destroy the originals if the conversion did not work out. Removing the old socket and adapting a modern halogen socket and bulb to the bucket might be possible. Also, I haven't seen it myself, nor do I have any idea how to do it, but I read on a forum that it's also possible to use smart strip lights.

Posted on: 2022/7/28 8:45
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved