Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
216 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 214

winger, TxGoat, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Trunk Lock 1956 Clipper - How to Remove Plug from Cylinder?
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Patrician Industries, Inc., Joel Ray, 26444 Nona, Dearborn, Michigan 48124
Tel. 313-565-3573
Website Address: N/A E-Mail Address: Packards1@aol.com

Try Joel as listed above. I've had good luck buying parts from him.

Mike Dulinski is good too. I think he is Pacsler@aol.com

Posted on: 2008/12/15 12:20
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Jeff:

Mike dulinski is the premier Packard Farmer. He has acreage
in Duluth Mn and has in excess of 90 some odd Packard carcasses there-in. all 55/56. On the odd ball chancethat he does not have what you are looking for let me know, I may be able to help but try him first. He can be reached at 218-721-4631.
ALK

Posted on: 2008/12/15 12:21
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JeffM
See User information
Cool. I'm on it.

BTW, my driver's door glass is cracked. This is a 56 Clipper Sedan Deluxe. Should I just go to a regular auto glass outfit, or is this something I have to scavenge as well? Also, how hard/easy is it to replace the glass? I wonder how they get it inside the frame of the door.

Posted on: 2008/12/15 12:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
TRy Al listed above. I bought from him several times too. In fact, bought a complete 56 Exec. as sight-unseen from Al AND he delivered it!

Posted on: 2008/12/15 14:38
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
THere is an SC covering broken drivers door glass involving the replacement of a screw or something. Look it up in the Scervice counselors on this site.

Mine cracked about 2 weeks before i was aware of the sc. I need one green tinted.

Posted on: 2008/12/15 14:44
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
It is laminated flat safety glass and may be available from a local shop but if it is the solar tinted, you may have to get a used piece from Mike D. or one of the other vendors. It is not terribly hard to change but takes time. Suggest you download the body section of service manual, read over the steps and make sure you have the necessary equipt. The procedure is covered fairly well.

Posted on: 2008/12/15 20:48
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Well on this I can shed a little light. On my 56 Clipper Hot Rod, the drivers glass was cracked badly. The 56 400
carcass that I have had an intact window with no cracks. I removed the one from the 400 and installed it in the Clipper. this was done about 3 months ago. I happened to look over this past weekend and the glass has developed a small crack in the lower front of the window. It is smal to be sure but big cracks develop from small ones. I don't have any more spare glass so if the crack becomes big I will take it to a glass shop.

Posted on: 2008/12/16 10:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JeffM
See User information
Driver's door glass cracked in lower front? Mine cracked there as well. Is this coincidence or a problem that needs to be addressed before replacing with new glass? I'd sure hate to replace the glass only to find it cracks again.

Posted on: 2008/12/16 16:23
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved