Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
118 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 117

Alvin14, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

53 Convertible Quarter Window Alignment
Just popping in
Just popping in

MartinM
See User information
Both rear quarter windows on my Packard Convertible Coupe seem miss-aligned. On both sides, the rear of the window is an inch or so from the weather strip when the inside trim is removed. On the right side, the adjusting screw at the rear of the window is at the end of its travel, and can't bring the window out any more. On the left side, the adjusting hole has been widened by PO, but still is at the end of travel and is not aligning the window.

So, are the wrong windows or window guides installed? Something else?

This all started because the left side window jams against the inside trim and won't go up.

Photos should be attached. Let me know if otherwise.

Thanks!

Attach file:

jpg  (208.74 KB)
1534_5936f6861c5c0.jpg 1920X1440 px

jpg  (267.14 KB)
1534_5936f69595e2a.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2017/6/6 13:38
 Top  Print   

Re: 53 Convertible Quarter Window Alignment
Just popping in
Just popping in

MartinM
See User information
Turns out the curved tracks that guide the quarter windows down into the chassis were installed on the wrong sides, forcing the quarter window inward that inch or so. They are a pain to remove and an equal pain to reinstall.

Posted on: 2017/6/13 18:55
 Top  Print   

Re: 53 Convertible Quarter Window Alignment
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Sure glad you were able to figure it out. I didn't have a clue and that would have been one of the last things I would have guessed. Will keep that filed away for future use in case someone else has a really strange fit problem.

Posted on: 2017/6/13 19:01
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved