Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
211 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 208

William Grosz, Ross, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Hingepin Side Mirrors for '34 8 2-4 Coupe
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom Beidleman
See User information
I've been looking for Hingepin Side Mirrors for my '34 8 2-4 Coupe, but haven't had any luck so far. Any leads ??
Thanks,
TomB

Posted on: 2017/6/30 14:13
 Top  Print   

Re: Hingepin Side Mirrors for '34 8 2-4 Coupe
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The long time source for a factory replica hingepin mirror was Jay Fisher here in NJ. But he retired a few years back and to my knowledge no one bought the business or tooling.

If you use the search function you should find several old posts on this topic, its been discussed quite a few times. Perhaps there is some useful info in one of those old threads. Once I bought the hinge pin mirror and installed it, I kicked myself for waiting so long!! Sidemount mirrors are great lookers but not all that functional, and the rear window is so much higher than most cars on the road that it's view is not very comforting when contemplating a lane change.

Attach file:

jpg  (212.10 KB)
177_5956ae106e8d0.jpg 1503X2030 px

jpg  (95.26 KB)
177_5956ae1b991c2.jpg 1200X900 px

Posted on: 2017/6/30 14:58
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom Beidleman
See User information
Thanks O.D. I'm jealous (again). You are right-on about the sidemount mirrors and the rear view mirror too. Makes me a nervous wreck to be on the road with only those mirrors to rely on. I'll keep looking !
Regards,
TomB

Posted on: 2017/6/30 15:23
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Classic Accessories has a similar item to the one OD shows in their hinge and clamp on category. Listed as early 30s but shallower angle on the arm and doesn't say what car it might be from. Places that say "inquire" in the price box always scare me off but if you can't find a known Packard mirror maybe worth a look.http://www.classicaccessories.org

Posted on: 2017/6/30 16:23
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom Beidleman
See User information
And Thank You HH56. I may never have my car judged, except maybe in the driver/tour category, yet I don't want to install something that is incorrect for the date and car....And figuring out what those legitimate options or "accessories" are is difficlt. Like the piece out of the 1934 Accessory page of the Packard Service publication that O.D. included, shows only a smaller hingepin mirror and only a Lorraine style spotlight, yet other styles and manufacturers apparently were installed as acceptable options ( but so darn difficult to identify today !). I'll check out Classic Accessories, and yes, like you "inquire" makes me nervous too !!
Thanks again.
TomB

Posted on: 2017/6/30 17:13
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved