Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
248 user(s) are online (172 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 248

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Re: Idea for adjustable T-L
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Poor communication on my part. I should have mentioned that the chain link end of the unit should be ignored and that the cylindrical sleeve portion (4" long) with hexes at each end would be identicle at each end to the end that is showing closest in the picture. Each end is threaded 3/4 -std thread.

I just discovered this thing. Chained end of it is rusted solid into the sleeve so i have not tried to remove it yet. Just snapped a quick pic for identification of it as some kind of standard shelf item and for preliminary analysis.

Thanks Kevin for pointing that out.

Posted on: 2012/5/3 11:12
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I thought adjustable length links were on the market already, or at least they were a while back.

I really don't see the need, just determine what length you want and make them from good quality drill rod. There are limits to length however, after which you throw the geometry off.

Posted on: 2012/5/3 11:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information

Posted on: 2012/5/3 18:47
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Far as I know the only adjustable links commercially made are for 56 and seat contour won't work on 55s. I think Craig is probably the only one who has made any for 55.

Posted on: 2012/5/3 18:51
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
AS PatGreen points out there are adjustables available fro The PackardLibrary. Have been for several years now. Has any one tried a pair of them???? Know of anyone that has tried them???? I don;t. Just trying to look before i leap.

Posted on: 2012/5/4 7:30
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved