Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
234 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 233

Wat_Tyler, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 4 »

Are you offended by my posts?
Home away from home
Home away from home

IrishPackard
See User information
Hi all,

Does ANYONE object to me posting about my Packard? I know it has being modified for the reasons I have outlined, but on viewing some other threads I see there is some disscusion about such non-standard Packards. I have no desire to get involved in the swings and roundabouts of the politics of such matters. I greatly enjoy this forum, it is by for the most helpful and informed by far, and I would hope I could contribute something in return.

If anyone does not feel this is the place for me, please let me know and I will withdraw gracefully.

Yours,

Pat.

Posted on: 2009/1/12 6:47
 Top  Print   

Re: Are you offended by my posts?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom (Packin31)
See User information
Pat,

I for one am not offended. I have seen nothing wrong with your posts. We are all here for one thing. Keeping our beloved Packard's up and running no matter if they are an all original car or modified to keep them on the Open Road.

By they way that is one Sweet Beautiful Car you have there. Thanks for sharing with us.

Keep Motoring along in that Beautiful PACKARD

Posted on: 2009/1/12 7:26
Tom
1931 833 468 Coupe
Packard Registry|1931 Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Absolutely not! Packardinfo is nothing like another site where anything but stock original is sacrilege. I say the more opinions and solutions, the better. While there may be a few purists that feel otherwise, I'm of the opinion the vast majority like to hear what others have done to solve various problems & keep the cars drivable, comfortable, and safe.

Posted on: 2009/1/12 7:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
IrishPackard. NO ONE is offended!!! There are a few purists that's true. Most of us are interested in ANY ideas that help us to improve our cars. To a great extent P'info.com is a research and devolopement study shared among ALL owners of Packards and related maintenacnce topics wheather original or not.

Stay with us.

Posted on: 2009/1/12 8:47
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Hmmmmmm. All of this has me wondering.

IrishPackard, has someone contatced you in some way to indicate that they are not pleased with something?????

Several years ago at a different website someone tried to impersonate the webmaster telling us we could not discuss parts or modifications that were not original. The REAL webmaster quickly corrected that.

Posted on: 2009/1/12 8:55
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
It's great having you onboard! I am impressed with your fortitude in saving this Packard from the scrapheap and what you have done to the car it to make it reliable and driveable. Please don't let anyone discourage you from visiting and posting on this site. You have many friends here.

Posted on: 2009/1/12 9:14
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
This is mostly a free-wheeling self-governing group that enjoy Packards. I, for one, am glad to see the site expand and grow. I enjoy reading your posts and seeing the pics of your car. Like PackardV8 I wonder what prompted you to ask this question.

Posted on: 2009/1/12 9:57
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
There's no doubt than I'm a purist, yet I enjoy reading your posts and you should feel very comfortable and welcome here. As you can see from the number of your posts I've responded to, I have A LOT of familiarity with 1934 Eights and I enjoy helping out and answering questions when I can.

Posted on: 2009/1/12 10:06
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
I'm more of a purist, but I'm not above minor modifications - provided they're executed in the spirit of what the factory might have done or use modern equivalent parts because original parts are no longer available or were found to be insufficient.

That said, as long as it's your name on the title you can do as you please with your vehicle, but that doesn't mean everyone has to like it. When it comes to cutomizing a vehcile do it for yourself - not for praise from others. Of course, the more something is modified, the narrower the appeal; in the even that you decide to sell the car later, that may have a limiting effect on marketability.

Unlike a few others sites we've seen, this forum is open to discussion of modification - as long as no one tries to rub someone else's nose in it (if you get my meaning).

Posted on: 2009/1/12 11:11
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
I am Offended....that you might be intimidated to post here!

Modify away, anything Packard is admired by me. Glad to see your posts and look forward to many,many more. The PackardInfo.com crowd are a great bunch of Packard lovers.

If you have been contacted by anyone negatively about your postings, ignore them unless they come from BigKev.

Posted on: 2009/1/12 11:17
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved