Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
121 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 120

Tom (Packin31), more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Packard Plant Update - July 2018
Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
A friend sent this to me from the Packard Plant Project Facebook page. It is a post from Kari Smith that she has submitted her 30-day notice of resignation.

She was Fernando Palazuelo's executive assistant and deeply involved in the project for the last 5 to 6 years. Have to wonder what the next step will be. She does neither states what she will be doing next, nor what will become of the Packard Plant. Read for yourself below.

Attach file:

jpg  (60.84 KB)
436_5b528ffa8fca6.jpg 481X445 px

Posted on: 2018/7/20 20:50
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard Plant Update - July 2018
Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Quote:

RogerDetroit wrote:
A friend sent this to me from the Packard Plant Project Facebook page. It is a post from Kari Smith that she has submitted her 30-day notice of resignation.

She was Fernando Palazuelo's executive assistant and deeply involved in the project for the last 5 to 6 years. Have to wonder what the next step will be. She does neither states what she will be doing next, nor what will become of the Packard Plant. Read for yourself below.

I've been to the plant at least twice in the past year. I took photos. And I've had friends and relatives in the Detroit area updating me on the plant regularly. I'm sorry, but I just don't see those new tenants that were coming. I don't see construction crews. I don't see the owner's apartment. And while a lot has been cleaned up and the bridge bagged and disguised (and that sure looks better)... and Concord Avenue closed off, I just don't see construction and serious changes being made that indicates a real enterprise going on here. Painted signs and press releases and a disguised bridge don't really add up to a rebirth for the Packard Plant.

A shopping mall, gymnasium and apartments all sound good, but where are the sample units? Where are the people with jobs and pocket jingle to afford all this? And what would make such people want to live and shop here? But I remain hopeful and love the positivity, despite what my eyes tell me.

Posted on: 2018/7/21 15:15
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved