Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
134 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 134

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Should 22nd and 23rd series Custom 8 Victorias be CCCA classics
Home away from home
Home away from home

Denny Z
See User information
With all that being said, why isn't the "original" Clipper from 1941 considered a classic or a milestone vehicle? I know I'm a biased '41 Clipper owner, but could never understand why it was omitted. It's style and (at least the optional) appointments broke from tradition leading Packard in a new direction, certainly setting a milestone . . .

Posted on: 2009/1/25 18:04
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Perhaps I'm incorrect but I thought Milestone Car Society only recognized certain postwar cars.

And the original Clipper is considered a Full Classic when on the senior chassis, it's treated exactly the same as the conventionally bodied cars. The junior Clippers are not Full Classics, just as the junior-bodied conventional cars are not Classics.

Posted on: 2009/1/25 19:25
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Quote:

Owen_Dyneto wrote:
Perhaps I'm incorrect but I thought Milestone Car Society only recognized certain postwar cars.

And the original Clipper is considered a Full Classic when on the senior chassis, it's treated exactly the same as the conventionally bodied cars. The junior Clippers are not Full Classics, just as the junior-bodied conventional cars are not Classics.

Owen, I believe you are wrong about the original Clipper being a CCCA Full Classic. The '41 Clipper Eight(Model 1951) was built on a 127" wheelbase "senior" chassis but had the smaller 282 engine as I am sure you know. This model is not a Full Classic. The 1942 Clipper 160(M.2003) and 180 (2006) Super Eights were also built on this chassis but had the 356" engine. Both of these models are Full Classics. The 1942 Clipper Six and Eight with the smaller engines and on the 120" chassis are not Full Classics either as you stated.

The Milestone Car Society only includes post war cars.

Posted on: 2009/1/25 20:26
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Thought I covered myself when I said "when on the senior Chassis" meaning with the senior engine. Sorry I was less than clear.

Posted on: 2009/1/25 20:39
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
What tripped me up was the words the "original Clipper". By original I was assuming you meant 1941. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Posted on: 2009/1/25 21:37
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved