Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
233 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 231

R H, TxGoat, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: 22nd-23rd Series Book
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Hi Robert: My check was in the mail day before yesterday, and you already know how anxious I am to receive my copy.

Question for you: As you continue to receive data after the book has been published, have you thought about a mechanism to occasionally update purchasers as new data significantly revises conclusions about production #s, etc.?

Posted on: 2011/11/17 13:23
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
This thread dropped out of the top 10 very quickly but it's potentially of great value to owners of the 22nd and 23rd series that I thought I'd bump it just in case someone who is interested might have missed it.

Posted on: 2011/11/26 20:44
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Dave Schmick
See User information
Totally agree with O_D. My check was on its way yesterday. Although I have not yet read Robert's new book, I am sure it will prove to be a must-have for ALL owners of the venerable bathtubs. Get your copies while they last!!!

Posted on: 2011/11/27 17:07
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Robert J. Neal
See User information
Dave,

The update to information that is in the book sounds fine. I like to think that all my information and conclusions were 100% and nothing will change, but that is not life so something new is bound to show up eventually. If it is significant I will try to remember to post it in this thread.

I will start with the only oops I am currently aware of in the book. On page 17 one will find that the last sentance of text does not seem to have an end. It does, but unfortunately it got burried under the picture below. Modern publishing programs are great but their automatic features can sometimes bite you. In this case the picture box below the text got bumped up 1/10" or so during publication and tried to automatically push the displaced line of text to the next page, where it thought the text would continue. In this case this was the last line of text in the chapter and there was no place for it to get pushed to, so it just stayed burried under the picture. That line had two words - "that period."

Posted on: 2012/2/11 15:40
Currently researching 1951 Packards, particularly convertibles and Mayfairs, but anything interesting. Own a 1950 Custom 8 sedan and a 1954 Cavalier, both are restored.
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved