Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
178 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 177

kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Quoting Some One
Home away from home
Home away from home

Pat and Melanie Westerkamp
See User information
I see some of you quoting others posts in a reply in a thread.....for the life of me i cant figure this out....can some give me some guidance!!!!!! PLZ!!!!

Thanks Pat

Posted on: 2019/3/24 13:12

1941 Packard 110 Club Coupe Deluxe
 Top  Print   

Re: Quoting Some One
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:

Chevmn56 wrote:
I see some of you quoting others posts in a reply in a thread.....for the life of me i cant figure this out....can some give me some guidance!!!!!! PLZ!!!!

Thanks Pat

When you want to reply to a specific post or have most of it visible for reference, have that post be the one that you are looking at when you click the reply button in that post. Down toward the bottom of the reply page that will appear are 5 buttons -- Quote, Preview, Spell Check, Submit and Cancel Select the Quote button and the contents of that relevant post will be visible in the reply box with the word "quote" in some brackets at the top and bottom of the text. You can leave the post as is or if there is a bunch of stuff not relevant to what you want to quote edit that part out but be sure what you edit is between the quote HTML code in the brackets at the top and bottom so as to leave those intact. You then type your reply just as you would any other post and click Submit

Another way for just a few words or a single line or two is to highlight and copy that bit to your clipboard. The last small box like button with an icon in the line above the row of text modifiers -- SIZE FONT and COLOR is another quote button. Click that and in the small box that appears paste the words or line of text you copied and then click OK.

Posted on: 2019/3/24 14:10
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

HH56 wrote:
Quote:

Chevmn56 wrote:

Thanks Pat

When you want to reply to a specific post or have most of it visible for reference, have that post be the one that you are looking at when you click the reply button in that post. Down toward the bottom of the reply page that will appear are 5 buttons -- Quote, Preview, Spell Check, Submit and Cancel Select the Quote button and the contents of that relevant post will be visible in the reply box with the word "quote" in some brackets at the top and bottom of the text. You can leave the post as is or if there is a bunch of stuff not relevant to what you want to quote edit that part out but be sure what you edit is between the quote HTML code in the brackets at the top and bottom so as to leave those intact. You then type your reply just as you would any other post and click Submit

Another way for just a few words or a single line or two is to highlight and copy that bit to your clipboard. The last small box like button with an icon in the line above the row of text modifiers -- SIZE FONT and COLOR is another quote button. Click that and in the small box that appears paste the words or line of text you copied and then click OK.

Wooo hoo Thanks!!!!

Posted on: 2019/3/24 14:40

1941 Packard 110 Club Coupe Deluxe
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
So that is how they do that....

Posted on: 2019/3/24 16:14
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved