Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
193 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 192

kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Modern DuPont formulas for Packard colors
Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
I've also used TCP Global. I've been to their store several times picking out the color I want for my 901. Their color library has over 125,000 paint chips in it going back to 1903.

In their on-line color library they show a '37 color chart with Packard Cream in it. Call them up and you should be able to order a quart in acrylic enamel to see if it is what you want.

While they will not tell you who makes their store brand, their warehouse is full of 50 gallon drums of PPG. I my tour of the warehouse, I did not see all other drums from another manufacturer. It is priced at 2/3s the cost of PPG.

Posted on: 2012/6/24 2:48
 Top  Print   

Re: Modern DuPont formulas for Packard colors
Home away from home
Home away from home

jimw
See User information
I had TCP Global mix up some acrylic lacquer for me for a (dare I say) 1955 Porsche. They were missing the color chip and formula for this particular color as is everyone else, so I took a small original panel and they color matched it. I had quotes from the local PPG supplier at $1,047 per gallon. TCP was at under $300 per gallon. They told me that they could supply it in PPG also, but the cost would be around $900 per gallon. They also told me that they manufacture their own lacquer. I questioned them on the components (resins, etc.) and was very satisfied with the answers they gave. Highly recommend them.

Jim Wayman
640 Phaeton

Posted on: 2012/6/24 8:59
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved