Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
234 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 233

29- 640 Club Sedan, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Eastwood Paint Gun
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I noticed that Eastwood has come out with their own line of HVLP paint guns that are geared towards the low CFM home compressor market. Has anyone tried on of these?

http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?itemID=1801&itemType=CONTENT

Posted on: 2009/1/29 16:15
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Re: Eastwood Paint Gun
Home away from home
Home away from home

gone1951
See User information
Kev, Have you bought one of the guns yet? By the way, Just picked up a small media blast cabinet from Harbor Fright for $119.00 on sale. Think the sale runs for a wile longer.

Posted on: 2009/2/7 12:05
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I have a query into a pretty well known car painter I know for him to find out about the gun for me. He has painted has owned a shop for over 30 years, painted several of the Overhaulin' cars, and paints many of the Pomona NHRA cars.

He is always leary of the super low CFM guns. But he has a buddy that works for Auto Air Colors which is sold through Eastwood, and that buddy would know if those guns are good or not. So once I hear back, then I will report.

Those blast cabinets are a great deal from Harbor. I have gotten my monies worth over and over out of it. Also if you want to upgrade the cabinet, you can buy a better blast gun and media pickup from TP Tools. Just make sure you have a good water trap (you can get that from Harbor also).

Posted on: 2009/2/7 12:41
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Baird
See User information
Would your painter friend's name be Charlie by chance? He is an acquaintance of mine. Just wondered.

Posted on: 2009/2/7 14:42
North Hills Packards
2 - 1949 Super Convertibles
1949 Club Sedan
1947 Custom Sedan
Completed a book on the 22nd & 23rd series cars
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
No not Charlie. My friends name is Jerry Sievers. He did the paint on the John Force 'Lil Yellow School Bus (also all of his Funny Car bodies). He also runs the Paint 'N Place in Placentia, CA. Are you talking about Charlie that used to work for Boyd, then went to work for Chip Foose? If so, I bet Charlie knows Jerry.

Is you do a google search on "Jerry Sievers Paint 'n Place", you will see links to many different magazine project articles where Jerry's shop did the paint.

He also teaches in the evening at the local collage, and was one of the early adopters of Water Based/Bourne paint. So he teaches alot on that subject. He was the one that taught me how to do the body work on my Clipper.

Posted on: 2009/2/7 15:12
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Baird
See User information
Yes, Charley Hutton. I'm sure he knows your friend. From what I know they are both great painters.

Posted on: 2009/2/7 20:33
North Hills Packards
2 - 1949 Super Convertibles
1949 Club Sedan
1947 Custom Sedan
Completed a book on the 22nd & 23rd series cars
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved