Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
237 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 236

moodydavid16, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Patrician Vin Plate?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
5478-2271/G76967

Mike, thanks for the data. Would you be so kind as to check it again, I believe the first character almost has to be a "C". Thanks, not a "G".

Posted on: 2009/2/5 15:13
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Morgan. try AL Kahl in Alabama. He posts here once in a while. I think his email adress is Lordladymopak@webtv.net

Posted on: 2009/2/5 20:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike Grimes
See User information
The 55 Caribbean was a custom order with a non-standard paint and non-standard trim, so I guess they just left it blank.

Your are correct, the body number does start with a C not a G. Sorry 'bout that.

Have a great day.

Posted on: 2009/2/5 22:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Morgan
See User information
Will Do. Thanks Packardv8.

Posted on: 2009/2/6 18:11
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Dave Kenney, here's another for you folks north of the border. Snitched this one from an eBay car.

Attach file:

jpg  (23.25 KB)
177_49aadbf519d41.jpg 400X266 px

Posted on: 2009/3/1 14:03
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Jeff
See User information
Something was just mentioned that has always mystified me... our Patrician has a standared embossed VIN plate. But our Constellation has the VIN embossed, but the PAINT/TRIM codes stamped, not embossed. Since our Connie is monochromatic, I assumed that the paint scheme was a custom order of some sort, with the single letter paint code stamped in after the color selection by the buyer. As it is, it is an all Fire Opal paint, with the standard red/black Clipper Custom upholstery. Does anyone have a correlation between embossed VIN plates (like those pictured here) and stamped VIN plates on odd paint/trim codes? Incidently, I have the original Owner's Service Card which shows the VIN and paint/trim info, verifying the correctness of the whole thing.

Posted on: 2009/3/4 15:19
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
It wasn't unheard of for customers to order and Packard to ship cars in primer only. The best-documented case I'm aware of concerns 56 Caribbean convertibles, several of which were so shipped. So obviously there was no embossed paint code, though there no doubt was an embossed interior code. Now if the dealer painted the car, it would no doubt be a non-stock color (otherwise why order it unpainted?), and there would be no code letter for a non-stock color.

I know this doesn't answer your question, but seemed related enough to be of interest to you.

One other point, Packard used, at least 1951-54, a single paint code letter, I think it might have been "R", to represent any of the various non-stock colors they used on limited numbers of cars to judge public reaction to new colors. I believe the 1954 Pacifics in Carnation over Amythyst (spelling?) were so coded.

Posted on: 2009/3/4 18:46
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved