Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
244 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 242

humanpotatohybrid, 29tons, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Drums
Home away from home
Home away from home

Morgan
See User information
Hey how much do you think i should pay for a set of drums for my 55 patrician. Max quoted me 225!, Chiroco quoted 125!, thats alot of money..any suggestions???

Posted on: 2009/2/16 15:26
 Top  Print   

Re: Drums
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
New? Used? Turned? Spray-welded and turned back to standard size? I think you've got to know what you're getting before you can compare prices. Max and Sandy always seem to me to always be the highest priced vendors out there, Kanter Bros. often less. If you want used drums, I'd go to Joel Ray, Bob Stolzfus, Mike Dulinksi, or Mike Dotson before I'd buy from Max.

Posted on: 2009/2/16 15:38
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Try Lordladymopak@webtv.net or Packards1@aol.com. I've dealt with both of them and very happy. Let us know the results.

Posted on: 2009/2/16 16:20
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Or i suppose the first question should be: What makes u think u need new drums??? Maybe just have yours turned???? I don't know what your experience level is so i have to ask. Maybe u don't need new drums at all.

Posted on: 2009/2/16 16:37
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Morgan
See User information
Yes, the prices that i spoke of before were used within spec drums. The drums are shot on mine, they have been turned too many times.

Posted on: 2009/2/16 18:10
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Those prices seem pretty high to me for used drums. Again, try Stolzfus, Dulinksi, Joel Ray etc. first, prices should be much better than with Sandy or Max.

Posted on: 2009/2/16 20:39
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Also contact Dan Yocum, he belive he has a couple '55 part cars, and may also have some extra drums. He is usually pretty fair. It's the shipping that going to kill you.

Posted on: 2009/2/16 20:56
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved