Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
244 user(s) are online (158 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 241

DavidPackard, DaveJr, Peter Packard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

Re: 56 T'Ultra Push Button or Lever poll.
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
5687 PB converted to lever by a previous owner

Posted on: 2009/2/19 13:18
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
PB 5687

Now this is a thread I can get behind!

Posted on: 2009/2/19 17:04
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I supposed we are going to need to get this into a spreadsheet at some point to capture this so we can analyze the numbers.

Also I wonder if it would be benifical to have the cars body or serial number to go along with that. Just curious if there was and range associated with the PB vs. Lever versions.

Posted on: 2009/2/19 17:20
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Fred
See User information
5647 L

Posted on: 2009/2/19 17:49
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Just curious if there was and range associated with the PB vs. Lever versions.

Kev, I'd seriously doubt that there was any range or pattern associated with it, it was just another option; one car had it, the next on the line didn't, etc. (except for Caribs of course).

That said, certainly doesn't hurt at all to put it into a database and see what might emerge over time; only drawback is that you're going to need a huge amount of data, probably thousands of cars, to make it statistically significant enough to draw conclusions.

Posted on: 2009/2/19 18:44
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Kev. I think we will get better participation if full VN is NOT requested. We have a real good start on this project poll. Let it grow as it wants to, as it already has. Of course if anyone would like to provide more info they certainly can. I don't have a problem with it. My opinion is NOT to request full VN.

The rest of u can get together change it anyway u want to.

Posted on: 2009/2/19 18:46
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
has anyone contacted Stuart Blond, who is the PAC V-8 roster keeper?
I'm on friendly terms, I can inquire.

Posted on: 2009/2/19 19:19
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
I'd be concerned about any duplication from that (roster) list versus present and future respondents skewing the results.

One nice thing about conductiong this poll here, at "The Un-Club", is that we'll likely hear about some cars that were never counted by any other roster.

Posted on: 2009/2/20 9:25
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
I'm not expecting any duplications or at least none of any significant quantity. Certainly not any duplications over the next 90 days or so. I mean, how often do theses cars change hands anyway???? How often do lever to PB conversions or visa-versa occur??? Even if a conversion occurs it means that the PB unit was taken from a non-restorable car so it still counts as one in a tally.

Either way PB or Lever, lets get a current head count of them. The count we get may serve a variety of statistical inference. My current reason for interest has to do with a long shot technical controversy over the PB control pod itself. So serial number part of the VN is not likely to matter.

Newcommers to the P'info web site may not respond if full VN is requested or they think is required. Some people, especialy newcommers, may be hesitant to broadcast their full VN. Highly unlikely that full VN display can present any problem. I've displayed mine several times. But what i think doesn't count. The only thing that counts is getting the tally of PB/Lever and that everyone feels comfortable to respond. Otherwise many may not respond.

OR:
"Be a pig but don't be a hog. UNless of course, there is noone else at the feeding trough. Then be as big a hog as i please." Annonymous.

Posted on: 2009/2/20 11:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gerard O'Keefe
See User information
GTO 5682 L Converted from PB.I notice Turbopackman listed a 5582 with PB.Since it was not available on a 5582, I guess his was converted the other way.

Posted on: 2009/2/20 19:13
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved