Happy St. Patty's Day and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
27 user(s) are online (19 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 27

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Stabilizer bushings
Home away from home
Home away from home

Dave O
See User information
Does anyone know where I could find the rear stabilizer bushings, for the 1956 Clipper. I looked in my Steel catalog: but nothing in there specifically for the Packards. To me they look a lot like shock absorber bushings. If not I guess I'll just start measuring and see what comes close. As you would expect mine are dry, rotted, and falling apart.

Thanks Dave O

Posted on: 2021/5/4 17:01
 Top  Print 

Re: Stabilizer bushings
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
You could make do with shock absorber eye bushings, and you can also buy the correct shape bushings in rubber from several sources or in polyurethane from Dwight Heinmuller. Having tried all these approaches over the years, I strongly recommend the latter.

Posted on: 2021/5/4 17:05
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dave O
See User information
Thank you; I e-mailed him.
Best Wishes Dave O

Posted on: 2021/5/4 18:11
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dave O
See User information
Thank you. Dwight was able to hook me up with these bushings. And alot more. He is great! I will be puchasing the replacement bushings for the whole car, however as the car has the engine out and front clip off, and no lift in my shop. I'll have wait untill its driveable for the rest.

Thanks Again;
Dave O

Posted on: 2021/5/7 16:41
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dads 56
See User information
Check the center bushing . Group 13.11678
It wasn’t included in the kit I bought, from Dwight. and I required it. I bought mine from Max Merritt
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/partslist/images/Plates/1955-1956/32B.jpg

And your right, Nice guy very helpful.

Posted on: 2021/5/7 23:40
1956 Packard Executive 2 door hard top (5677A)
1956 Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan (5622)(parts car)
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved