Happy St. Patty's Day and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
38 user(s) are online (27 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 38

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Power window motor ID ?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Snake Oiler
See User information
Are these Packard power window motors?
I found them with some other Packard parts.
Also are they the same as 59 older Chrysler pw motors?

Attach file:

jpeg  image.jpeg (76.12 KB)
225071_60fc3da553e25.jpeg 960X720 px

jpeg  image.jpeg (81.82 KB)
225071_60fc3db47c7ed.jpeg 960X720 px

Posted on: 2021/7/24 11:20
 Top  Print 

Re: Power window motor ID ?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Not Packard power window motors. They look more like a power seat motor with the exposed shaft that would fit into a rubber and metal coupler to connect to the linear actuators. They could also be blower motors but Packard only used 4 wire in pre 48 heaters and those had long wires contained in a loom.

In 55-6 Packard used 12v motors with built in gear reduction and exposed 6 tooth pinion for windows. Seat motors looked more like what you show. Both were two wire motors and similar in operation. Only one wire received voltage to determine direction directly fed by the switch and the case as ground.

If yours are 6v motors they might be for the optional 1954 4 way electric seat. I believe those motors were 4 wire and used relays to change direction. I think Ford might have used a similar motor.

Posted on: 2021/7/24 11:55
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
Power window motor

Attach file:

jpg  20210723_144946_HDR.jpg (330.71 KB)
4498_60fc61139751f.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2021/7/24 13:51
Riki
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Snake Oiler
See User information
Thanks for replies.

Posted on: 2021/7/24 23:29
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
Has leads for two way rotation, so could be for power antennas, seats, windows, etc. Fans were usually driven from a rheostat/stepper instead of two wire(speed). They look similar size to the one on my cadillac's power antenna but wiring is different.
Can't make out the numbers in the photo, but could be run down to find out. There were only a few period small motor makers.
You can look on the wiring diagrams and look for a motor w/ orange/green/black wires.
As best as I can recall, that's not a period connector on the orange wire, it's "inline" type - much later and typical of trailers, RVs, etc.

Posted on: 2021/7/25 20:15
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved