Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
115 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 114

CartRich, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Clipper 47- just as a spare wheel i look for a alternative rim
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Josef Lichtenberg
See User information
My car has got no spare wheel. Just for emergency use i look for a easy to find rim.
Because i don't live in the US it's not easy to find original replacements, so i'm looking for something that kind of fits. Something from a widely used brand. Chevy, Ford, Plymouth etc. is there anything ? Look forward to any adwise. best regards Josef

Posted on: 2021/10/19 13:57
Packard Super Clipper 1947
 Top  Print   

Re: Clipper 47- just as a spare wheel i look for a alternative rim
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
These may not be much help, but a number of older Buick and Cadillac wheels fit. The bolt circle is 5 inches in diameter.

Posted on: 2021/10/19 18:00
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
You didn't say which Clipper you have but as I recall the models with the 356 engine also have a larger bolt pattern. For someone to recommend a good cross you might want to mention the model.

One thing making Packard wheels harder to cross is they have a larger center hole compared to most other cars -- somewhere around 3 1/2 inches.

Another minor consideration is you may not find a wheel from another mfg that has the small holes for the positioning pin used on the Packard drums. To mount a wheel without the holes you would need to remove the pin. If it is for show only and never planned to leave the trunk that would be a non issue but just something to be aware of.

Posted on: 2021/10/19 18:14
Howard
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Josef Lichtenberg
See User information
Howard thank you for your reply. My car is a 1947 super clipper 2103 with a 356 CUI engine. best regards Josef

Posted on: 2021/10/20 5:28
Packard Super Clipper 1947
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved