Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
90 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 89

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Resurrecting 55 Patrician
Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
On your lifter noise, you might want to try using Mystery Marvel Oil in the engine. With the oil level about a quart low, add a quart of MMO and let the engine run for about a 15 minutes after it gets warm. Repeat the cycle 4 or 5 times and see if that helps. It cured a sticky valve/lifter issue for my '55.

No guarantee, but it doesn't cost a lot and it is easy to try.

Posted on: 2021/11/2 9:50
 Top  Print   

Re: Resurrecting 55 Patrician
Just popping in
Just popping in

Packman 1955
See User information
I have added the extra oil and also a decent bit of Marvel Oil. I have ran the engine twice now for about 10 mins each time and the tapping has not returned. Oil pressure stayed between L and middle indicator once warmed up and it would climb back to normal range once engine was accelerated. Oil is leaking pretty bad from underneath so I will have to probably pull the pan and timing cover and replace the seals. I am hoping not to have to remove the entire block. Any tips for pan removal or rear rope seal replacement? Thanks.

Posted on: 2021/11/2 20:40
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved