Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
205 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 204

Alvin14, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: Server Outage
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I haven't noticed anything in particular. But then again I have been in Atlanta all week. I will take a look at the server logs.

Posted on: 2009/5/10 19:15
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
My little incident I described just happened to me, that'll give you a time reference.

Posted on: 2009/5/10 19:21
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Eric,

Have you tried to do a "reset" via the menu on Safari? I am using Safari 4, and have not experience the problem you are seeing. If other people are seeing the same issue, then I will force a reboot on the server.

Posted on: 2009/5/10 19:25
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Not using Safari, I'm using Firefox. Here's the kicker, it does the same thing in Firefox, Camino, and Safari. Reset cookies and I'm golden, but I shouldn't have to reset cookies two or three times in one session, should I?

Posted on: 2009/5/10 19:27
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Weird. I cant replicate that. Curious if anyone else is having the exact same problem you are.

Posted on: 2009/5/10 19:28
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Doubtful, I'm in a "league of my own".

Posted on: 2009/5/10 19:33
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Eric,

Have you tried to reboot your Mac and/or Internet Router? I had an issue a few days ago where it was failing to load certain websites, and rebooting the Mac caused it to purge and clear all the cached DNS entries, and everything was good again.

Posted on: 2009/5/10 19:38
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Done that, it's only good for about 5 or 10 thread views, then does it again. It might be a setting I have on the Mac, but I'll be damned if I can figure it out.

Posted on: 2009/5/10 19:45
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Restarted Mac, went through 5 threads just playing, then went to the blank white screen. Restarted Firefox, went to reply to this thread, went to blank white screen after just clicking on the "General" forum link. Let it sit for a minute, reloaded page, (without restarting) and now can reply. (hopefully)

Posted on: 2009/5/10 19:57
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Also using Mac & Firefox (v3.0.10). I've had Eric's issue but not that often and don't think only this site--sometimes only a partial page loads.

My issue with Pinfo --today has been very noticeable --is still from the time you click on a bookmark, login or click on a forum thread to reply, submit --almost anything for the last few days it comes up with the waiting for or transferring from message for sometimes as long as a minute then snaps in. When things are slow, in my case the page is full width, for example the L column takes the whole page. When it finally finishes, it snaps to normal view.

Remember once when I saw a blank page before, the progress bar on right was loaded about 3/4 then just totally stalled, sat there for several seconds & completes, page loaded but blank. Doing a page reload usually brings it in. Don't know if that has anything to do with Eric's problem.

Posted on: 2009/5/10 20:07
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved