Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
209 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 208

Alvin14, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 4 »

Server Outage
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
We had a little Server Outage this morning. But everything looks to be back up again. Thanks

Posted on: 2009/4/23 11:14
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Re: Server Outage
Home away from home
Home away from home

Phil Randolph
See User information
If this happens again you may be in danger of losing your job. :D

Posted on: 2009/4/23 11:28
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
LOOKS GOOD!
I have Pinfo set as my homepage. So when I booted up this morning, I thought my internet connection was not working (or the www had crashed) cause PInfo did not connect.
That is how dependable it is.

DanL

Posted on: 2009/4/23 11:34
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

gone1951
See User information
Quote:
I don't know exactly what the difference is between the so called World Wide Web and PackardInfo.com...

As I understand it the WWW is the network that connects all the servers together world wide and packardinfo.com is just one web site on one server connected to the web.

Posted on: 2009/4/23 12:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Carl Madsen
See User information
I know it's hard to believe, but there is an internet outside of www.packardinfo.com.

Not that I visit any other sites lately, so I can't prove it. I'm not obsessed, I can quit any time. Doubt if I will.

Soon we'll have to join 'packardinfo.com anonymous'. There will be a 12 step program to ween us off of this addicting site.

Posted on: 2009/4/23 15:41
-Carl | [url=https://packardinfo.
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Well just as a backup in the event of a more severe issue. I have setup my laptop to automatically do a differential backup of the entire website everyday. So what this mean is that the local software on my Mac with copy down any changed or added files to the website daily. Then the Mac with keep that backed up to an external drive via TimeMachine.

It took two entire days to download the entire 6.5GB of files for the initial sync over Broadband. Luckily now it only takes a couple of minutes to sync the differential files daily.

Posted on: 2009/4/25 17:58
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Kev, it's nice to know that Packardinfo is now "Mac-Backed". Now we never have to worry about anything happening to our favorite site!

If it was Windows I'd be concerned......

Posted on: 2009/4/25 21:46
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Kev, Just curious if anyone else is noticing or reported any issues lately-last week-10days or so.

I am seeing a lot of "Waiting for Packardinfo..... and Transferring data from ...." messages. Currently there are not many people logged in-3 members and 3 guests. I can open up other sites in different tabs and all open promptly so don't think issue is here. Just posted a reply in another thread and it took almost a minute before it finished--a bit slow for a few lines of text.

Just wondering if the provider is having ongoing issues (maybe since the site went down last week) or if something else going on?

Posted on: 2009/5/10 10:12
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
I noticed the same thing about 3 weeks ago for a period of about week. Only sporaticaly since. However, i'm on dialup so trying to determine what is fast or slow is not easy for me.

I have generaly noticed over the last year or so that clicking from BOTTOM TO TOP thru "REcent Forum Topics" is a lot slower than clicking on topics from top to bottom.

Posted on: 2009/5/10 10:39
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
My biggest problem is the page loads into a blank page after a few topics are viewed. This goes away when I restart the browser, so it's probably a cookie issue. Funny thing is, this is the ONLY site that it happens on.

Posted on: 2009/5/10 19:13
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved