Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
198 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 197

Tobs, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: Server Outage
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Eric,

I have read through about 40 threads playing catch-up today and not a single hiccup. It's has got to be something localized on your PC. The fact it is happening on multiple browsers on your Mac points to something common like Internet Router, NIC card settings, DNS settings, Firewall or Virus scanner.

Check all your security and java settings, perhaps something is funky.

Posted on: 2009/5/10 20:10
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Kev, you suck! I WISH I could get that many in!

As for confirmation, Quote:
Remember once when I saw a blank page before, the progress bar on right was loaded about 3/4 then just totally stalled, sat there for several seconds & completes, page loaded but blank. Doing a page reload usually brings it in. Don't know if that has anything to do with Eric's problem.

This says it all, exactly what's happening to me. I've tried everything I can think of short of re-installing the entire OS (Like I would have to do if it was a Windoze PC) and nothing makes a difference. I wouldn't worry about bringing it up to you if this wasn't the only site that does it, but it is. I have no issues with any other site no matter how many times I go through threads. (I have a LOT of forums I frequent, not just auto related.)

Posted on: 2009/5/10 21:02
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Just to be safe I will initiate a server reboot..... 3 2 1....

Posted on: 2009/5/10 21:07
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Full server reboot completed.

Posted on: 2009/5/10 21:11
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I'll say one thing, it's a LOT faster loading. I'll keep you posted and let you know if I keep having issues....

Posted on: 2009/5/10 21:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
It did it again, this time I was out for good for over 5 minutes. This is what showed up in the address bar:https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/index.php

Posted on: 2009/5/10 21:45
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Yeah, I was doing some background maintenance for the last few minutes. So I am sure everyone saw that.

Posted on: 2009/5/10 21:51
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Carl Madsen
See User information
Eric-

I have the same setup you do, run firefox 3.0.10 on mac os 10.5.6, and occasionally have the same situation, but never as much as you do.

Question - do you use Airport with a non-mac (cisco) wireless router? I do, and notice that it keeps searching/scanning, which seems to lock up the browser for 30 seconds. I plug my ethernet in and turn off airport, seems to clear things up. I've searched this problem and others are having it also.

Question 2 - do you have the RAM maxed out?

-Carl

Posted on: 2009/5/11 13:05
-Carl | [url=https://packardinfo.
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I don't think this pertains to Eric's problem but it sure helped on one of mine some months ago. I have Comcast and despite changing network settings to fixed IPv4 and some of the other suggestions, was getting frequently annoyed until making the default, instead of Comcast be Open DNS. After that, very few issues. I have all Apple wireless but only use that on a printer & prefer wired instead for access on this machine.

http://installingcats.com/2008/06/05/slow-internet-with-leopard/

Posted on: 2009/5/11 13:39
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Quote:
Question - do you use Airport with a non-mac (cisco) wireless router? I do, and notice that it keeps searching/scanning, which seems to lock up the browser for 30 seconds. I plug my ethernet in and turn off airport, seems to clear things up. I've searched this problem and others are having it also.

Yes I do. I've done this before, it's good for only about 10 thread views and it's back again.

Quote:
Question 2 - do you have the RAM maxed out?

No where near. I usually only have Firefox open when I'm surfing, and the most it's used is 820MB, no where near half of what I have.

The thing is, this ONLY happens on THIS site, which tells me that everything's ok. And, it's only happened since Kev moved to the new server.

Posted on: 2009/5/11 17:51
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved