Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
119 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 117

Daniel Leininger, pmhowe, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

31 Packard 826 Paint
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Fred
See User information
Does anyone know where I might find the paint code for the engine green and the dark blue for the body. It is almost black.
Off topic, how about a source of generator brush springs. This is a CD865 generator from I believe, a 29 Packard. Spring is normal coiled flat spring.
Thanks in advance, Fred.

Posted on: 2022/12/8 1:23
 Top  Print   

Re: 31 Packard 826 Paint
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Dbedsole
See User information

Posted on: 2022/12/9 10:16
 Top  Print   

Re: 31 Packard 826 Paint
Home away from home
Home away from home

John Wogec
See User information
Hi Fred,
I tried a few years back to find those generator brush springs for a 1929 CD865 (three spring configuration). I searched high and low and couldn't find them (including Kanter and Max Merritt). I wound up going on Ebay and looking at industrial generator parts. Surprisingly, there were quite a few, and I found something that was roughly the same size and had a similar amount of force (using the very unscientific calculation known as "feels about right"). If you find someone reproducing those springs, or stumble on a pile of them, please reach back out to me...I will happily buy one or more. Thanks
John Wogec

Posted on: 2022/12/9 15:59
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved