Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
230 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 227

Don B, bkazmer, Packardbarry, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: PAC in Branson
Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I would love to go to Branson, but I just blew all my spare cash on my new '48, so It'll have to be next year!

Posted on: 2009/6/18 19:09
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Eric: I think I missed something. Did you purchase another Packard?

Since next years meet is only about two hours from my house unless I die I am sure that I will be there. While there next year it will certainly give me a chance to talk to an editor of a PAC publication that has been ducking me for several years.

Those who are going to Branson have a good time and safe trip.

Johjn F. Shireman

Posted on: 2009/6/18 19:25
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

chad hoover
See User information
you know eric, if i scrape the $ together and you get sara to let you escape, i may just come get you for a day or two so you can be here!

Posted on: 2009/6/18 19:28
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
John, yes I did, see the Project Blog Forum.
Chad, Sarah wouldn't go for that, I've been gone for 3 days this week already, and will be gone again next Monday and Tuesday working on my '48 up in Salina. Thanks for the offer though!

Posted on: 2009/6/18 19:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
Well... I didn't make it to Branson. I had decided that I could actually deal with adding transmission fluid as needed and was planning to go. As a test run I went to a local show near KC International Airport which is about 24 miles round trip. All went well to the show but the car was running hotter than usual... I blamed it on the weather. On the way back the car started to overheat badly. By the time I got home I was in the 'H' zone and had lost some coolant (1 3/4 Gals) via the overflow tube.

I knew that I didn't have a problem with rust, scale, or a bad water distribution tube because that was all checked out when I had the lifter/valve/ring problems taken care of last fall. The water pump looked ok when it was off the car. I had flushed the radiator and the flow through the radiator was good.

I figured my best bet was a bad thermostat. So off to NAPA I went today and picked up a 160 degree thermostat. The one I took out was a 180 degree and unlike any I have seen before. I installed the new thermostat and decided this was a perfect day to see if that was the problem (97 degrees with hellish humidity). I drove for one hour up hill, down hill, idling in traffic, and at speeds up to 55 mph. The temperature gauge was steady as a rock at midpoint or slightly above throughout the drive.

Don'tcha just love it when things go right and cost less than 10 bucks!

Posted on: 2009/6/25 22:59
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved