Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
136 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 136

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1941 Packard 6 cylinder Engine
Just popping in
Just popping in

DAG
See User information
I am brand new to the Packard community, therefore needing some advise.
What is the price range to buy a good running and well rebuilt 1941 Packard 6 cylinder Engine with about 20 run hours on it? Thank you

Posted on: 2023/3/3 15:45
 Top  Print 

Re: 1941 Packard 6 cylinder Engine
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
The partially rebuilt 1940 110 engine here is $1,250 with some assembly required but I expect that a fully rebuilt one would cost several times that and possibly even more to have yours done. This one here is so cheap because it was done decades ago.

Posted on: 2023/3/3 16:08
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

tsherry
See User information
A Packard Six rebuild would be north of 4K, easily; I've priced one twice in the past three years. Don's engine is a very good deal. I'm refreshing an October '46 built 245, an unfinished project of the prior owner of my 37 115c, for the price of paint and a gasket set, plus a $500 parts engine. That engine will go in my '40 110.

If the engine is as you state and you can get it for less than a couple grand, buy it and take some Advil because your face will hurt from smiling so much at the money you saved.

Posted on: 2023/3/4 11:12
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Tsherry, you should have saved yourself some money and at the same time had the proper 1940 110 engine by buying mine! It’s in Central Oregon not far from you and I even have the proper green paint for it!.

Posted on: 2023/3/5 2:53
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

tsherry
See User information
Probably right....

Posted on: 2023/3/5 16:37
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved