Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
64 user(s) are online (40 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 63

29tons, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Front seat -- 39 Six
Home away from home
Home away from home

CCR
See User information
Can someone share pics of the bottom of their front seat and cushion to help me identify what I am missing? Right now the cushion is loose and assume there is a missing piece or two. The seat does slide properly otherwise.

Attach file:

jpg  seat1.jpg (59.20 KB)
225785_64209d9b901ba.jpg 500X664 px

jpg  seat2.jpg (126.05 KB)
225785_64209da4aef1a.jpg 664X500 px

Posted on: 2023/3/26 14:31
 Top  Print   

Re: Front seat -- 39 Six
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I don’t have an answer but I do have a little anecdote to share relating to it. When I was a teenager in the ‘60s, I had my 1939 Six backed into the driveway which was downhill to the garage. the neighbor boy and I were going to go to the hardware store and, as I often drove cars that were partially apart, I thought nothing of the fact that I had just removed the nut holding on the steering wheel. What I didn’t expect was that the seat wasn’t latched and when I gassed it, it went back so far that even at 6’ tall I was unable to reach anything and, with the nut off, the wheel itself was still in my hand but not connected to anything! Fortunately I couldn’t reach the pedals either so the engine stalled. Things like that don’t usually happen in real life except that they do.

Posted on: 2023/3/26 15:58
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

CCR
See User information
My daughter's first ride in the car included a "where's the seatbelt?" question. I just told her it was a prayer car designed to get you closer to God. With my seat cushion loose, if I ever have a good slam of the brakes moment we're all ending up in the floorboard.

Posted on: 2023/3/26 16:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
To install the cushion you need to push it back far enough against the springs on the backrest for the 2 v-shaped clips that you have circled to go behind the front cross bar on the seat frame and then push it down into place.

Posted on: 2023/3/26 20:44
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

CCR
See User information
Interesting. I never would have thought maybe I simply wasn't getting it in right. Thanks.

Posted on: 2023/3/27 18:52
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved