Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
214 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 212

CCR, kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Front Stabilizer Bar
Home away from home
Home away from home

TxGoat
See User information
I believe that some pre-war Packards used a front stabilizer bar. My '37 120 conv. coupe does not have one, but it does have two holes on each frame rail at the point where stabilizer bar frame brackets typically mount, and it does have the brackets, or "jack cradles" on each lower control arm.

I'd like to install a Packard front stabilizer assembly to add some additional roll stiffness.

Has anyone done this?

Posted on: 2023/6/13 8:26
 Top  Print   

Re: Front Stabilizer Bar
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Gary Kulp
See User information
My buddy did this on his 37 120 and he said it was a very good improvement. I found one years ago at Hershey but you would have to get lucky to find one. Maybe you can have one made up. If you can find the part number,maybe Bruce Blevins would have the print for it. It is in section 4 page 18 of the 37 data book.

Posted on: 2023/6/13 14:48
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
I've seen these on export cars.

Posted on: 2023/6/13 15:58
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob Supina
See User information
All the '37 Twelves I have seen have the front roll control bar, but I have only seen only two on Super-Eights... our RHD 1003 and a 1019.
The Super-Eights and Twelves mount differently and have different part numbers.
I put the roll control bar on our '37 super-Eight Convertible Sedan because it is our driver. Let me tell you, it makes a BIG difference in cornering sharp curves on country roads!

If any reader has a Super-Eight unit gathering dust, please contact me...I am interested in acquiring another one for out LeBaron A/W Town Car.

Attach file:

jpg  rollcontrollbar023.jpg (54.42 KB)
441_648a366ecd1c9.jpg 1036X525 px

jpg  Super-Eight roll controll.jpg (70.37 KB)
441_648a376f239f5.jpg 624X891 px

jpg  Twelve front stabilizer 300.jpg (74.61 KB)
441_648a377c22f4d.jpg 988X1920 px

Posted on: 2023/6/14 16:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

TxGoat
See User information
What I have is a '37 120. Same suspension, I think, but frame width might differ.

Posted on: 2023/6/14 18:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

tsherry
See User information
I have removed the remains of one on my '40 110. The bar was disconnected from both of the (odd) stabilizer links on the lower control arms; both of those are shot. I'm not sure if I can find replacements for those or go without....

Posted on: 2023/6/14 21:58
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Gary Kulp
See User information
As far as the ends of the sway bar,Ron Carpender in CaLif. used to rebuild the ends for some years. Though he might not be around anymore.

Posted on: 2023/6/14 22:25
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved