Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
202 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 200

William Grosz, Wat_Tyler, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Exhaust Manifold Questions
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
I don't know about the Packard and can't really remeber exactly about others. But seems to me that the bottom hole in the manifold for the choke tubes is a slightly smaller diameter than the upper hole. So need to check that.

Posted on: 2009/5/8 5:30
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
If I remember correctly (which is getting more doubtful as years go by) the bottom of the V8 tubes is actually pinched partially closed, perhaps (or not) part of the swedging process.

Posted on: 2009/5/8 9:14
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
One other question about the extra sleeve for the thermo people. Will the extra mass slow down heat transfer to the choke tube enough that the choke would maybe not work well--too slow on opening because of delayed heat or not closing fast enough because of residual when engine turned off for a period. Don't know how much extra it would take to mess things up. Might be a consideration because of bulletins that sometimes recommended a change of a notch richer or leaner on choke for some reason or another.

Posted on: 2009/5/8 10:23
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Thomas Wilcox
See User information
Shouldn't reduce thermal transfer rates by much. Iron is a pretty good conductor. Maybe 10 seconds delay for a thick tube, I would think.

Thermal conductivity for iron is going to be around 9.3 x 10e6 per 1/16 of an inch per second. A joule will heat a gram of air 1? C.

I think.

Tom

Posted on: 2009/5/8 19:25
--
Thomas Wilcox
34 Roadster, [url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/r
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved