Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
197 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 196

Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

22nd & 23rd series front fender welting
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

pcyco13
See User information
Does anyone know if there is supposed to be fender welting between the front fenders and the inner fenders/body?

Posted on: 2023/6/17 13:00
 Top  Print   

Re: 22nd & 23rd series front fender welting
Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
None that I saw. Welting is prewar.
It all bolts together.

Posted on: 2023/6/18 10:17
 Top  Print   

Re: 22nd & 23rd series front fender welting
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
There is a long vertical rubber weatherstrip piece that is at the front of the door opening. That piece fits between the body and the rear of the fenders. A rubber washer like piece is between the fender bracket and cowl at the bolt near the upper side of the cowl where the top of the fender bolts.

Nothing between the fender itself and inner fender pieces. I believe there is a rubber strip sort of in the middle that is riveted to one of the inner fender pieces and acts as a water deflector and noise control piece between the upper and lower inner fenders. As I recall, if 22-23 series kept a large cooling opening behind the battery into the wheel well, the same material fits around the opening and the battery side rests against it to keep water splash out of the engine compt.

Posted on: 2023/6/18 11:28
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved