Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
243 user(s) are online (175 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 241

Gary Kulp, JD in KC, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: MikeSC's 1955 Panama
Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
Brass and aluminum both easy to file and get nice finish on them

Posted on: 2023/7/21 19:58
C:\Users\veron\Desktop\New folder\1956 Packard Caribbean\753.jpg
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

MikeSC
See User information
When I got the car, I noticed it had a slow leak on the rear-end. This leak has developed into the fluid almost pouring out as fast as I pour it in. Obviously, the car has been parked. Does anyone have a part number for the carrier gasket? Do the axles have to be pulled to pull the carrier off? I just want to make her road worthy again, before I embark on the floor pan journey.

Posted on: 2023/10/3 21:11
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Yes, the axles must be pulled after removing the brake backing plates in order to remove the carrier. The gasket number is in the Factory Parts List or in the PDF of the original parts book here on this site and should be available through Olson’s Gaskets which is where I preferring buying gaskets (it’s a small family owned place) but the other dealers should have it too.

Posted on: 2023/10/4 2:08
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved