Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
216 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 216

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Front suspension
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Doc
See User information
Thanks, can anyone tell me the step by step of replenishing the shock fluid, i have hydraulic fluid, but lack the know how.
Thanks! 😉
Fall is almost here in Pamplin, it was 54 degrees here at 4am hope the grass will stop growing.😏

Posted on: 2023/9/15 16:19
 Top  Print   

Re: Front suspension
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
There is a photo and some suggestions in reply to the post you made asking the question in the 41 shock absorber thread a couple of days ago.

Unscrew the hex head bolt that is closing the fill hole the arrow points to and have a funnel or tube small enough to go inside the hole. Use whatever to pour fluid in the funnel or get it thru the tube and fill to the bottom of the hole opening then replace the bolt. After filling and driving, if the shock was totally empty you may need to check it or add more. If the seals on the arms leak after filling you will need to replace the shock.

Posted on: 2023/9/15 16:59
Howard
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved