Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
146 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 143

Ozstatman, Tom (Packin31), kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Swear by or swear at?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
I've seen these commercials about "superzilla" penetrant/cleaner for a while now. It kinda follows the Zmax claims with it's capillary penetration claim. Their claim was penetrate the metal this just where the wet spot goes.
I thought about trying some for the heck of it, but once I saw the price, I figured more snake than oil. I usually will evaluate new stuff and got burnt many times, usually the higher the price the bigger the burn. Pennies are tight in this economy.
Any feedback?
ps:Hard to beat what's been on the shelf for years or acetone and ATF which we discussed in the past.
I don't know of any plant based material that will dissolve rust as it's shown from brown rust to clean steel. And if it's rust welded/seized, doubt anything will penetrate. I've had things that just never came apart no matter how hot it was heated or what was tried and destroyed in the process.
When it's magic, they can use anything behind the lens. Engineering makes me a perennial skeptic and no one is talking it up, which is not a good sign.
I figure most of these things are to get early adopters to buy it once and then they make their money and can shut down if necessary. If you make a couple bucks per sale and sell a few million it's a good racket for someone.

Posted on: 2023/10/2 16:38
 Top  Print   

Re: Swear by or swear at?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I never heard of it before but just had a look at the the Amazon.com reviews, which I take with a grain of salt, show 71% 5 star and a few lower. I typically read the reviews to see which seem like paid ones and which ones don't but it is often hard to tell the difference!

Anyway, it doesn't seem that expensive to me for a single small aerosol to try. It's quite a bit more expensive when buying a 1 liter pump sprayer but maybe not by the once.

Posted on: 2023/10/2 16:53
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

TxGoat
See User information
Most any liquid will exhibit capillary action, except highly viscous liquids

Posted on: 2023/10/2 22:10
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Don't know about this stuff, but I have tried and do like Evaporust. I used it as directed.

Posted on: 2023/10/3 4:32
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
Capillary action is a function of surface tension and capillary size, see below.
I'm putting it in the snake oil category for the use of science to sell product that doesn't exhibit what is claimed. Same as Zmax ads. Metal is not porous, per se. I completed advanced eng. study in metallurgy/material science. I'll stick with what I know.

I have evaporust but rarely find use for it.
(site won't accept the eqn. fonts.) go to: Scroll down to height of meniscus
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capillary_action

Posted on: 2023/10/10 16:01
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved