Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
192 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 192

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Frame Rails Bending
Home away from home
Home away from home

TxGoat
See User information
Looking at the picture, it looks as if the forward rear spring anchor has torn loose and damaged the X brace and floor pan.

Posted on: 2023/10/12 19:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

TxGoat
See User information
I hate to say it, but it looks like you have a heavily rust damaged car. You'd probably be ahead to find a solid body and chassis to work with. That car appears to have had a lot of salt exposure and neglect.

Posted on: 2023/10/12 20:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Quote:

MikeSC wrote:
I did find a 4 door Clipper Super but I'm not sure how different the frames are. Also, not sure how good the frame is. I might try the repair route.

The 2-door frames have additional mounts for the body compared to the 4-door. Not 100% sure what the specific purposes are (obviously more support). Perhaps to stiffen things up in the area where people would be climbing in the back. However your body doesn't look particularly sound so I wouldn't try a 4-door frame.

Can you post some more pictures of the general condition of the car?

Posted on: 2023/10/12 21:21
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
Perhaps some better pictures would be good to help provide more evaluation. It's hard to see what's going on with one picture and overexposure from flash. Perhaps the frame isn't as bad as we think. But more pictures and more information would be needed.

-Kevin

Posted on: 2023/10/12 21:38
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Maybe you could pay a local shop to put it up on their lift in order to take better photos. The photos provided do nt give too gat a view for a proper evaluation. Also, take photos of all the body mounts.

Once you determine if the body is salvageable, check with Mike Dulinsky for a frame of the same type you have.

Posted on: 2023/10/13 1:14
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved