Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
112 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 111

pmhowe, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: Some recent online postings
Home away from home
Home away from home

packardsix1939
See User information
I did see that '48 Super 8 in Maine. Interior is totally incorrect, and the paint is not a correct color for that year. I once owned a '48 Super 8 Convertible Victoria. Sold it a number of years ago. It later turned up at a Barrett-Jackson auction and hammered at $31K if I recall correctly.

Attach file:

jpg  10507461-1948-packard-convertible-std-3.jpg (212.43 KB)
225503_653d2942a319a.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  10507467-1948-packard-convertible-std_1.jpg (145.33 KB)
225503_653d294c6e912.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2023/10/28 10:33
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
Like Wat, I'd be looking closer to 6K for that Custom 8. Especially since I would need to have it shipped all the way across the country, and that would not be cheap. But that doesn't address the bigger problem which is convincing my wife that we NEED another Packard. Especially since my Panama isn't done and we are quickly running out of parking spaces.

-Kevin

Posted on: 2023/10/28 10:55
 Top  Print   
Laugh (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
There are a couple of Customs for sale on Facebook for abit over what they should be in Gin-ewe-wine Parts Car condition. One I just looked at seems to have an adequate truck lid and chrome. So, it's out there.

Just because the guy wants $8 doesn't mean he'll get it. They may be"a small and dedicated" following, but they're also a shrinking following. I watched a guy lose 15-20% trying to flip a Super Clipper. Then he was parting out a 356 and wanted a grand for $400 worth of engine goodies that his heirs will toss if he doesn't sell them.

Posted on: 2023/10/28 11:35
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

MJG
See User information
The decklid trim on a Victoria is specific to that model.. sedan won't work. Following is still strong for this model. Check out the one he sold for $18k.. clearly better than this one, but needed everything and didn't run.

Posted on: 2023/10/28 11:55
1948 Custom Eight Victoria Convertible
Others:
1941 Cadillac Series 62 Deluxe Convertible Coupe
1956 Oldsmobile 88 Sedan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardsix1939
See User information
I am pretty sure that a Custom Eight Club Sedan would also work, but these are much rarer than even the convertibles. I have only seen 2 or 3 of this model over the years.

Posted on: 2023/10/28 13:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
Here's the trunk and trim for the '48 Victoria. Problem is this guy is selling 5 Packards (48-49) as a lot and he wants a lot for them....$21K. They are all parts cars or worse. But it looks like there is a '48 Custom Victoria in there with complete trunk and trim. Way out in Oregon.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1395076877712607/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post

Posted on: 2023/10/28 14:52
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

r1lark
See User information
Why another thread for online for sale Packards? Is the "Various Craigslist Pickings" sticky thread at the top of this 'For Sale/Wanted/Trade' Forum not accepting posts again?

Posted on: 2023/10/28 15:56
Paul
www.studebakerskytop.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

MJG
See User information
Those cars were listed here about seven or eight years ago (looked more promising then). At the time the convertinle looked pretty solid and I pondered it but too far for me. I never got a number on the convertible alone. In the past three or so years a few have come out of the woodwork. At least one or two would have yielded the trim. There was one in NY that probably fell apart if someone moved it and was missing a lot though it sold for about $2.5k. They are rare though, probably 50-60 left can't be too many more to chose from if you want to restore one.

Posted on: 2023/10/28 15:58
1948 Custom Eight Victoria Convertible
Others:
1941 Cadillac Series 62 Deluxe Convertible Coupe
1956 Oldsmobile 88 Sedan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Yeah, I forgot the trunk lid thingie. Likely the coupe lid would work, but the sedan is different.

And it was stuff like that which makes me wonder what in the Hell Christopher the GM Mass Production Guy was thinking.

Posted on: 2023/10/28 17:50
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Quote:

r1lark wrote:
Why another thread for online for sale Packards? Is the "Various Craigslist Pickings" sticky thread at the top of this 'For Sale/Wanted/Trade' Forum not accepting posts again?

Don't know. I post there frequently.

Maybe Kev should rename that thread "Various Online Posts" or something to be clear it's not a Craigslist-specific topic?

Posted on: 2023/10/29 2:17
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved