Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
217 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 216

ElGroucho, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1947 super clipper fog lights
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I don't believe there is a fuse on the factory or stock 42-7 Clipper dash mounted fog light switch and if following factory instructions, one of the aux fuses on the headlight switch feeding power to the fog light switch is the fuse used for protection.

As far as I know, the factory Clipper fog light switch is a 3 terminal switch and no fuse to work with. Battery in and a separate tail and fog light terminal out is the difference from another switch such as the Electromatic switch which is also an on/off function but with 2 terminals. That switch could be repurposed for fog lights only and could have been used if a true fog light switch was unavailable. It also does not have a fuse and would not have the extra feed terminal to turn on tail lights.

Having said that, it is also conceivable someone could have custom mounted an aftermarket push/pull fog light switch using one of the Clipper dash spots or mounted a Packard fog light switch meant for earlier models separately on a bracket under the dash. In that instance there could be a fuse on the switch and no telling where someone installing the lights might have picked up power.

Posted on: 2023/11/12 13:26
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: 1947 super clipper fog lights
Home away from home
Home away from home

packard1949
See User information
Many thanks-got both fog lights and backup light working. I think the problem on fog lights was a partial ground-not enough to blow the fuse. It is very difficult to get all terminals on the screw.

again thanks

David

Posted on: 2023/11/17 8:46
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved